"Always Telling the Truth Means Never Having to Remember Anything"
Editorials: Roswell Local
By Dennis Balthaser
Giving the Public Information about the 1947 Roswell Incident
Several months ago I received an email from Tony Cisneros of Portland Oregon who has been leading tours to Europe and various locations in the United States for some 15 years. His website has details of the various tours available, and when he contacted me, he informed me that he was receiving several requests for guided tours in Roswell pertaining to the 1947 Roswell Incident, and wondered if I would be interested in doing a Roswell tour.
Since starting my research of the Roswell Incident over 25 years ago, my main objective has always been to obtain what factual information I could and share that information with the public in interviews, lectures or writing editorials. Doing tours would of course open another source for sharing my research. I accepted the challenge Tony offered and had my first tour shortly thereafter. My first request for a tour was from a young lady from New Zealand. Since then I have done tours with people from England, Mexico and Canada, in addition to many from within the United States. Most of the people that have requested tours have contacted me through Tony at his website, while a few have contacted me directly either by my email address firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone at (575) 625 8402.
During the tours at each location on the itinerary I explain the significance of each location, the people that were involved there in 1947 and am able to share information that many had not heard or read about before in books or seen in TV documentaries. Many of the people that have taken the tours have commented afterwards that I provided an insight they hadn’t heard or didn’t know before taking the tour.
The tours are fairly consistent in length usually taking approximately 2 hours to complete. Photograph opportunities are available at each location, and I always welcome questions about a certain location in order to better inform those taking the tour about what occurred at a certain location or who or what was involved there. Unfortunately several of the structures or buildings no longer exist as they did in 1947, however I am able to explain what was at a certain location and the significance it had as related to the 1947 Incident.
Since I furnish the transportation for the tours, I have limited small groups to 3 or 4 people, however other arrangements can be made for larger groups such as bus tours. In the case of larger groups that are staying over night in Roswell at a local hotel I also offer to do a lecture for those groups if desired. Tours can be arranged for mornings or afternoons; whichever fits the traveler’s schedule best.
Since the time people stay in Roswell varies from a few hours to a few days, the various Museums in town are not included in the tour, but I always recommend that if their time permits, I strongly suggest visiting one or all of the Museum’s Roswell has to offer.
Above, A few of the locations on the tour:
Col. Blanchard’s residence; Ballard Funeral Home; Sheriff Wilcox’s office and county jail, 1947
Approximately 17 different locations are visited during the tour, including the former homes of several of the first hand witnesses, and a drive by of several of the Museums. Since Roswell has a rich “old west history” a few of those locations are included, as well as a drive through of a portion of the historical district, with the various architecture used in homes years ago. One of the most popular portions of the tour involves driving down to the Roswell Industrial Air Park, known as the Roswell Army Airfield in 1947 when the UFO Incident occurred. Many of the buildings are still there some 60 years later including Building 84, where the bodies and debris were allegedly stored until being shipped out to other locations.
A brief itinerary of the tour is as follows:
• Tour picked up at a predetermined time and location
• Roswell Daily Record newspaper current location
• Drive by of rocket scientist Robert Goddard workshop and Roswell Art Museum
• Drive by former homes of Intelligence Officer Major Jesse Marcel, and Public Relations Officer Walter Haut
• Drive through one of Roswell’s Historical home Districts (N. Lea St)
• Drive by Southeast New Mexico Historical Museum
• Current City Hall (Roswell Police Station in 1947)
• Pioneer Plaza—Chisum Trail statue of John Chisum and his steer Ruidoso. Also former locations of Roswell Daily Record newspaper and UFO Museum. (Chaves County Courthouse is across Main St)
• Former location of Sheriff Wilcox’s office and County jail in 1947. Also statue of Pat Garrett who shot outlaw Billy the Kid
• Drive by of UFO Museum (Roswell Morning Dispatch newspaper was located where the Museum gift shop is today.)
• Ballard Funeral Home where mortician Glenn Dennis worked in 1947
• Drive to former Roswell Army Airfield (now Roswell Industrial Air Park)
• Drive by 1947 Base Commander Colonel Blanchard’s home
• Vacant lot where base hospital was located
• 1947 Roswell Army Airfield Fire Station
• Flight Operations building where some of the debris was loaded on airplanes for shipment out of Roswell
• Hangar 84 (Currently Building 84) where bodies and debris were kept prior to being shipped out. (Original 1947 water tower across the street)
• Chaves County Administration Building (Former location of St. Mary’s Hospital)
• Return to original pick up location
As the tour progresses, other information pertinent to the 1947 Incident and Roswell in general is shared with the tour guests, such as the locations of the crash sites, the commercial airline aircraft being stored at the airport, the only “flying saucer” McDonalds restaurant in the world located in Roswell, etc.
Anyone interested in a Roswell tour should contact Tony Cisneros at his website www.roswellufotours.com or call him at his toll free number 888 991 6718. I can be contacted directly at the email address and telephone number shown below.
• Back to Editorials: Roswell
Keep up to date with Dennis Balthaser's editorials for the latest in his research and hard-hitting commentary. 03/06/17 Changes at Area 51
Visit key locations of the 1947 Roswell UFO Incident with nationally known researcher, Dennis Balthaser. >>Learn More
Area 51, Underground Bases, the Great Pyramid at Giza, the Roswell Incident, FOIA requests, student reports on UFOs-- all in Dennis' research pages.
Email Dennis: email@example.com
Copyright © 2016, Dennis Balthaser All Rights Reserved