"Always Telling the Truth Means Never Having to Remember Anything"

-Dennis Balthaser


Interviews: James Bond Johnson


By Dennis Balthaser

Bond, during your recent visit to Roswell for the first time (April 27-29, 2001), I had planned an in-depth interview with you, pertaining to your involvement in the 1947 Roswell Incident. Due to time constraints however that was not possible, so you agreed to answer some questions via an email interview. I know you have answered many of these questions before, but for my own benefit and others interested in the subject, I would like to officially have some points cleared up.


The questions or statements listed below are based primarily on comments I have heard from you either in previous emails or during your visit to Roswell. As a Roswell Incident researcher, www.truthseekeratroswell.com I am planning to add a new link to my site for interviews I have done or will do with personnel involved in the Incident. This will include photographs of those individuals and/or places when possible.


If any of the information I present below is incorrect please correct me, as my desire remains to obtain true statements and information. There will be no order to the questions or statements asked, but rather an accumulation of many concerns I have pertaining to the facts surrounding the Roswell Incident.


I have one request as you answer the questions below. I am asking that you rely completely on your own knowledge and memory of the events that transpired 50 some years ago. I am not interested in answers based on anyone else other than you personally. I anticipate and appreciate your candor in answering the questions.




DGB: Your career has included being a Consulting & Clinical Psychologist, United Methodist Pastor, staff reporter and part time photographer for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram newspaper, and a U. S. Army Colonel. Please briefly explain your military career as to dates of service, job description, and particularly your military status in July 1947, while working for the newspaper in Fort Worth.


JBJ: In July 1947 I was a pilot officer in the Civil Air Patrol, an auxiliary of the U. S. Air Force, and an enlisted member of the U. S. Marine Corps Reserve. I had joined the Army Air Forces on 15 Jan 1944 at age 17 during World War II for pilot training. I was discharged on 29 Oct 1945 after the surrender of Germany and Japan. At the time of VJ Day, 14 Aug 1945, I was engaged in Liaison Pilot training at Sheppard Field, Texas, aimed at the impending invasion of Japan. Since there were as yet no helicopters available our mission would have been to launch our small L-5 liaison aircraft from jeep aircraft carriers (actually LSTs with the superstructure removed) and land on pontoons on the sea, taxi onto the beach and load casualties. Then we were to fly seaward to land on the water and taxi alongside Navy hospital ships for removal of the injured; then to repeat the operation as required. The abrupt end of the war after the atomic bombing of two major cities in Japan fortunately averted the need for this operation. Our flight training was suspended the next day after VJ Day. I think it would not be too dramatic to speculate that the dropping of the atomic bombs on Japan likely saved my life.


Earlier, during a delay in flight training, I was assigned as an interviewer for an EE (escape and evasion) flight crew returnees interrogation operation. This sparked an early interest in psychology and study of human behavior.


I enlisted in the U. S. Marine Corps Reserve in July 1946 and was commissioned in 1948. I was recalled to two years active duty during the Korean Conflict and after completion of infantry officer basic training at Quantico served as a public information officer in the rank of captain; I also served as additional duty as a chaplain at Marine Corps bases. Normally the Marines are provided with Navy chaplains but there was a shortage during the Korean War and I was invited to serve in that capacity, which I was glad to do since I was an ordained minister and had served three churches as a pastor in Texas.


In 1963 I transferred to the 40th Armored Division, California National Guard, as a chaplain and later served in Army strategic psychological operations assignments -- twice in Europe and twice in the Pacific as well as in the United States. I served four tours of duty at the Pentagon on the Army Staff and Joint Staff and as a consultant in strategic PSYOP to the National Security Council at the White House during two administrations. General Al Haig was my boss there and I later worked directly for him on special classified military assignments in Europe while he was NATO military commander.


I also was a consulting faculty member in psycho-political strategies at the U. S. Army Command and General Staff College at Fort Leavenworth, KS, and for 11 years was a faculty member at the Army Special Warfare School at Fort Bragg, NC and also at Fort MacArthur, CA. For three years I was founding director of the Army Reserve PSYOP Department at Fort Bragg. I retired from the Army in the grade of colonel 43 years after first enlisting.


DGB: You have indicated that you purchased your own 4"x5" Speed Graphic camera and used it for other newspaper work you were assigned to such as police stories. Why were you selected to go to Ramey's office to take the photographs since photographer wasn't your primary duty with the newspaper?


JBJ: This is described rather fully in a similar online interview at Roswell Crash Photographer . If you still have any additional questions please address them to me.


DGB: To the best ability that your memory permits; who told you to go to Ramey's office; for what purpose were you going there? What were you doing at the time you were told to go?, and how did you go and how long from the time being told until you arrived at Ramey's office?


JBJ: I was assigned by my city editor, Cullum Greene. He simply came to my desk in the city room of the Star-Telegram and asked if I had my camera available. As far as I can recall this was the very first time that I had been specifically assigned to cover a spot news story as a photographer. I believe that I had purchased the camera in April, 1947, just three months prior to the Roswell Incident in July, 1947. Normally I used the camera to photograph events where I was engaged as a reporter, usually speakers at evening dinners or for police reporter breaking stories.


I drove to the air base in my nearly new 1947 Ford club coupe. I went immediately after being assigned to take the Ramey office pictures. The strongest recollection that I have is the extreme urgency involved in getting the Roswell crash photos. My city editor was quite concerned when he had just received a "flash" AP teletype alert message that a "captured" flying saucer was being flown from the Roswell Army Air Forces Base to the Eighth Air Force headquarters of General Roger Ramey located at Fort Worth Army Air Field and he was very eager to obtain photos of the craft. He underscored that we were close to photo deadline for East Coast newspapers and that I should go out and get the photos as quickly as possible and return to the office to process them. I recall that there were four other photographers who worked for the Morning Star-Telegram. I assumed then and now that I was the only photographer available at that moment even though I normally was assigned as the military editor for the Star-Telegram.


DGB: As you know I have run into many roadblocks when submitting FOIA requests to the Air Force pertaining to the photos you took in General Ramey's office in 1947. Has anyone else you associate with had any success in obtaining the information we are all interested in, in reference to Col. Weaver's statements in the 1994 Air Force report that those photographs were reviewed by a national organization (possibly the CIA)?


JBJ: Not that I am aware.


DGB: For the record, I understand that you took six photographs (three different setups) on July 8, 1947 in General Ramey's office, including General Ramey alone, General Ramey and Colonel DuBose and Maj. Jesse Marcel.




JBJ: Yes.


DGB: You have indicated that you do not remember meeting or taking the photographs of Major Marcel in Ramey's office, but rather believe you did take them after looking at the negatives at the library of the University of Texas at Arlington, based on the markings on the film that was used for the other photographs that you did take.




JBJ: Yes, upon examination of the available four original negatives housed in the Special Collections wing of the UTA Library I was able to confirm that the films all have identical edge coding and so would have come from the same "batch" of film. Also, the negatives are still filed in their original manila negative files which include the original typed photo captions. There exists also in the Bettman archives a duplicate negative of a twin shot of General Ramey and Colonel DuBose, which we have termed "Ramey/DuBose Grim" as compared to "Ramey/DuBose Smiling", which is one of the existing four negatives and which was published on the front page of the Morning Star-Telegram, beginning with the midnight edition on July 9, 1947, alongside one of the two existing Marcel shots. It is believed that I furnished this fifth negative to a photo service on the night of July 8, 1947. The sixth negative -- of Ramey alone that ran in the Star-Telegram on July 10, 1947 -- has not been located. There has been some speculation that this negative was confiscated by the government since it probably shows in clearest detail the debris pieces in the photos.



DGB: The photograph of Irving Newton (weather officer at Fort Worth Army Air Field, left) was not taken by you, but very possibly taken by an Army Air Force photographer, some time after you had taken your photographs.




JBJ: Agreed,


DGB: Do we agree that Maj. Marcel's hat and necktie are on the radiator in all the pictures you took, but not in the one of Newton, possibly indicating that Marcel would have been gone when Newton's picture was taken?


JBJ: I have no reason to disagree with your speculations here.


DGB: In your opinion, why would the photograph of Newton have been necessary, after pictures of Gen. Ramey, Col. Dubose and Major Marcel had already been taken by you, with what appears to be the same weather balloon debris in all photographs?


JBJ: It has been widely speculated -- and I have no reason to challenge -- that the Newton shot was taken some time after my departure to be released along with the official "weather balloon" explanation personally announced on Fort Worth radio station WBAP by General Ramey a short time after I had departed his office. It was stated by Colonel DuBose shortly before his death that Ramey was ordered by his superiors to announce the "weather balloon" cover-up story "to get the press off our backs."


DGB: In the photographs you took, there are at least two unopened packages wrapped in brown paper on the floor of General Ramey's office by the chairs and the heating radiator. Do you have any idea what those packages contained or why they weren't opened for the photo shoot?


JBJ: No. I had not yet perfected my x-ray vision. When I entered General Ramey's office some packages already had been unwrapped and the debris was heaped in an unarranged pile on the brown meat wrapping paper spread out on the general's nice office carpet -- which both then and now seems rather odd. The debris had just arrived in Fort Worth by B-29 couried by Major Jesse Marcel Sr., the Roswell base intelligence officer, and obviously had not yet been examined by the general, who was out of his office but expected to return momentarily.


I believe that time had not permitted the remaining unopened packages to be opened and that I was just very lucky in showing up at the scene of a "breaking story" -- that would still be playing out almost 54 years later! As I have told you I have reason to believe that if I had arrived after General Ramey had an opportunity to examine the debris -- and especially after he had read the message held in his hand that mentions the "victims of the crash" -- that no one would have been permitted to photograph the wreckage. I think it is very significant that apparently no other civilian photographer was permitted to take any photos of the wreckage and no known member of the press was even allowed to view the wreckage. Recently I have been furnished a plausible explanation as to why I was the only civilian photographer permitted to photograph the wreckage with General Ramey, Colonel DuBose and Major Marcel. I am not at liberty to discuss the details of this matter further at this time.


I do recall that I was concerned that the pile of debris was very unphotogenic and that I attempted to "pose" the pieces of debris in some kind of order that would make an acceptable photo. Nothing seemed to fit together and I believe that I opened one of the unopened packages and added the contents to the display. From the three year study by the international RPIT (Roswell Photo Interpretation Team) it has been speculated that the contents of the package I opened are located in the foreground of my photos and include some of the "beams" that contain the distinctive symbols displayed in bas relief that no one has been able to "read" or otherwise to explain.


DGB: The photographs you took were taken late in the afternoon of July 8, 1947. The press release Col. Blanchard ordered Public Relations Officer, Lt. Walter Haut to write and release to two radio stations and two newspapers in Roswell was accomplished earlier on the same afternoon of July 8, 1947. Since the 509th Bomb Wing Commander and RAAF Base Commander, Col. Blanchard, had already issued a press release stating that the Air Force had captured a flying saucer, in your opinion, why would General Ramey a few hours later issue a statement that it was just a weather balloon?


JBJ: I can only accept that Colonel DuBose was speaking truthfully when he stated that General Ramey was ordered by his superiors to personally make the "weather balloon" announcement. I believe that Ramey took the extraordinary action of going to the radio station that same night and going on the air in person with the "weather balloon" story to provide an "explanation" for my photos -- which would have been published along with a story that would have been headlined around the world the next morning.


DGB: You were interviewed several times by researcher/UFO writer Kevin Randle and have indicated to me that Randle edited the taped conversations you had with them. I believe the first interview was done Feb. 27, 1989. Can you give me details on what was changed by Randle from the original interviews done?


JBJ: The first phone conversation on that date has been edited by Randle to 40 minutes in length. I, of course, have no way to determine just what has been snipped or relocated. Randle has admitted in writing to me that he had edited the tapes as to length for simplicity in reviewing them. I have tried without success on several occasions to match up the text of the edited tapes with a supposed transcript of the tapes he provided and also a published version in a UFO journal -- and nothing matches. Others reviewing the tapes have had the same experience. I know that Randle did not furnish me a copy of one of our phone conversations and it is unclear just why this one was not supplied.


Randle does most of the talking on the tapes explaining his theories as to what happened at Roswell and Fort Worth. I had no reason to disagree with Randle at that time since I had not had an opportunity to review the photos he mentioned (Ramey/DuBose and Marcel) and in fact I did not recall clearly many of the details at that time. Also I had read only the earliest Roswell story printed in the Star-Telegram. There are three major changes in the stories as they developed that evening and I could not have contributed to any of them since I did not possess the information.


It it interesting that Randle's Feb. 27, 1989, phone "interview" took the form of an ordinary phone conversation in which Randle was primarily seeking information about a "Captain Armstrong." He did not indicate any other purpose of his call until quite late in the conversation and only after I inquired as to his plans. He never indicated that he considered this an "interview" that could be released and he did not ask my permission for any such. In any event, Randle did not appear very interested in my recollections and seemed more interested in convincing me as to his theories as to these events.


DGB: You have formed a research group known as RPIT (Roswell Photo Interpretation Team) comprised of several researchers and individuals, to analyze the photographs you took, particularly the one with Ramey holding the message. (You have in fact included me in that team as a consultant about the Incident.) At this point what do you feel has been accomplished in reading the Ramey message, and how does it agree with other organizations also analyzing the photographs?


JBJ: After three years of study RPIT and numerous other UFO researchers have tried to read the Ramey Message with only marginal results. Of interest, the Air Force has published that they employed a government agency (believed to be the CIA) to attempt to read the message in about 1994 without any conclusive results. The analysis reports received by the Air Force have not been released.


DGB: While in Roswell last week, looking at enlarged copies of the photographs at the International UFO Museum and Research Center, you indicated to me that on one of the photographs you took, glyphs can be seen in the photos which are a direct match to symbols shown in Santillis autopsy films. Very few, if any researchers believe the autopsy film is real, so how can you matter-of-factly state there is any connection between the two?


JBJ: That remains one of the Mysteries of Roswell. I do not view the authenticity of the Santilli films as essential. The fact is that they exist and it is incredible that whoever made the films would have known to include some of the symbols contained in my photos. I have not seen the Santilli films but understand that these are several reels containing varying qualities and subject matter. I am advised that the glyphs which have been matched to some seen in my photos are contained in just one of the reels of Santill's film. The most work on this research aspect has been done by one of our UK RPIT members, Neil Morris, who is on the staff at the University of Manchester in Manchester, England and questions can be directed to him.


DGB: When you asked General Ramey what the material was, he replied that he didn't know what it was. General DuBose confirmed that statement later. Is that a true statement of what Ramey told you?


JBJ: Yes.


DGB: There are several reports that when Maj. Marcel arrived at General Ramey's office, the General took him into a map room to have Marcel explain where in New Mexico this event happened. When Ramey and Marcel returned to the General's office, Marcel reportedly commented that the material he brought from Roswell had been swapped for weather balloon debris, and Ramey told Marcel to pose for the pictures and that Ramey would answer any questions. Do you have any knowledge of that conversation between Ramey and Marcel?


JBJ: None. I have read in the first book on "The Roswell Incident", written by Berlitz and Moore in 1980, in which Marcel is quoted as saying: "...that next afternoon we loaded everything into a B-29 on orders from Colonel Blanchard and flew it all to Fort Worth... Just after we got to Carswell (then FWAAF), Fort Worth, we were told to bring some of the stuff up to the general's office -- that he wanted to take a look at it. We did this and spread it out on the floor on some brown paper. What we had was only a very small portion of the debris -- there was a whole lot more. There was half a B-29-ful outside. General Ramey allowed some members of the press in to take a picture of this stuff. They took one picture of me on the floor holding up some of the less metallic debris. The press was allowed to photograph this, but were not allowed far enough into the room to touch it. The stuff in that one photo was pieces of the actual stuff we had found. It was not a staged photo... I have seen a lot of weather balloons, but I've never seen one like that before. And I don't think they ever had either."


I now believe that I arrived at General Ramey's office within a short time after Marcel arrived from Roswell and prior to Ramey's having had an opportunity to inspect the debris. Ramey would not have been able to conduct much of an inspection while the wreckage was still in a pile and it makes no sense that if Ramey had seen it earlier than it would have then been piled back up before I arrived on the scene. Further, he likely could not have inspected the debris in the unopened packages or the larger amount of debris still located on the B-29.


DGB: When Ramey returned to his office, was he alone or was anyone with him? What was his attitude? Who did he talk to and what was said?


JBJ: You are asking me to recall details of an incident that happened almost 54 years ago and which was not the most remarkable day of my life. I have described my memory of that occasion as being in "sound bites" or "snippets." I cannot answer these questions with any certainty.


DGB: Recently one of your RPIT members informed me that Ramey and Marcel were on the flight line looking at the material in a B-29. Factually from your experience in Ramey's office when you arrived there, who did you talk to?, what were you told?, who was in Ramey's office?, and how long did you wait for Ramey to arrive?


JBJ: I have no information as to any flight line inspection by Ramey. When I arrived unannounced and unexpected at Ramey's office I was met by then Colonel Thomas J. DuBose, Ramey's chief of staff. He told me that Ramey was not there but was expected to return momentarily.. I had only a few minutes to set up my camera and then to try to arrange the debris in order to make suitable photos. I recall only that when Ramey entered the office I asked him to pose with the debris.. He did so without any hesitation. I took two shots of Ramey alone and then I invited DuBose to join his boss for two more shots. Even though I have no recollection of Marcel being there it has been positively established now that I also took two shots of him.


DGB: You have stated that you opened packages in Ramey's office and spread the debris out on the floor to take your photos. Who gave you permission to do that? Would that have been a normal procedure for you as a civilian photographer to go into a General's office and do that, without the General's knowledge, particularly since you had military experience? The use of deadly force had been authorized for protecting this material and you are stating that you were permitted to handle the material without General Ramey's knowledge? Please explain in detail.


JBJ: I have answered this question to the best of my ability above. There was no apparent security in place at Ramey's office and I was free to arrange the debris in any way desired -- which I did for the reasons stated above. I have not previously heard any reports that "the use of deadly force had been authorized for protecting this material" and have nothing to support such a statement.


I had no hesitation under the circumstances to facilitate "posing" the pile of debris by rearranging it in order to fulfill my photo assignment. This would have included unwrapping any of the unopened packages casually strewn around the room and displaying the pieces of debris in a hopefully logical arrangement. I would have been careful to not damage the wreckage even though it appeared to be simply "junk." You must realize that at that time there was no mention that there was anything "exotic" about the debris and no one had suggested that this wreckage might be of extra-terrestrial origin.


DGB: For several weeks prior to the Roswell Incident, many reports of flying saucers/disks were reported in newspapers across the country. What was the tone at the Fort Worth Star-Telegram when they were told the Roswell Army Airfield had one in their possession and you were supposed to photograph it at General Ramey's office?


JBJ: For about two weeks prior to July 8, 1947, the Star-Telegram had published various front page speculative articles on flying saucers daily. Everyone was quite curious to see one. Now the Army Air Corps had announced that it had "captured" one. Now we could all see what one looked like! My primary recollections are connected to the urgency of the situation in getting the pictures taken, processed and distributed.


DGB: Having been on the military base at Fort Worth before, what was different for you on July 8, 1947? Was there more or less security then normal? Was the base or any portion on any type of alert? Did you see the aircraft Marcel came in on from Roswell? Any security at the plane?


JBJ: In July of 1947 I was a rated pilot officer in the Civil Air Patrol and trained at the Fort Worth Army Air Field on a weekly basis. On occasion I flew my own Piper Cub airplane out to the Army air base and landed on that huge concrete air strip that was built to accommodate the huge weight of the 12-engine B-36s, the largest airplanes ever built! I clearly can recall one Sunday morning flying in to the Army base and making a normal approach and landing.. I taxied along the runway for an extended period and was getting nowhere near the end so I pushed the throttle forward and took off again, landing much further down that mammoth runway, the largest and thickest in the world!


DGB: What was your impression of the material when you first saw it? Exactly what did it look like? Any odors, burn marks, dents, etc.? You have mentioned that you noticed a burnt smell. How does a helium-filled balloon acquire a burned smell?


JBJ: As stated earlier, I recall that I was quite disappointed that the debris was so unphotogenic. It looked just as the photos still show it. It had an acrid "burned" odor, which reminded me of some of the burned buildings that I had been in as a police reporter. I have no information that this debris included any helium-filled balloon and NOTHING seen in the photos matches any parts described in the official blueprints of any weather device, RAWIN or Mogul balloon train --the three famous explanations given by the Air Force over time.


DGB: It's obvious that in one of the photographs you took Ramey and DuBose appear to be jovial (laughing), while on another they appear very serious. Any comments on the drastic change in their moods within a few minutes?


JBJ: Sorry, I have no information or speculations on that. It well could have been related to the emerging information Ramey was reading in the message handed to him as he he entered his command offices. It is apparent from a close study of the four photos of Ramey that he was quite eager to read the message even during a photo shoot!


DGB: Were you connected in any way with writing any part of the story about the events in Fort Worth or was your involvement only with taking and developing the photographs? Who were the photos given to and when, after they were developed?


JBJ: I have no recollections of being assigned to cover any part of this story as a reporter or to write even the cutlines to my photos --but only to get photos as quickly as possible and get them processed for distribution to other AP newspaper members. This is supported by the fact that the AP sent over a portable wire photo transmitter from Dallas to the Star-Telegram offices in Fort Worth. It was my understanding at the time that the story would come from other sources and locations, perhaps Roswell or Washington. In reconstructing the time line for July 8, 1947, it appears now that I could not have obtained the information or written any of the several stories on the Roswell Incident as published in the Star-Telegram. Too bad since it would have been a feather in my reportorial hat if I had been the one to scoop the world on this historic announcement by General Ramey!


DGB: What were the comments the following day(s) when General Ramey had debunked what Col. Blanchard originally made public about having a flying disc in our possession?


JBJ: I have no such recollections. I don't recall ever even reading the stories or seeing my published pictures until after I had been interviewed by Randle and Stan Friedman and perhaps others.


DGB: Final few questions.


Back in June 1998 you issued a press release (not for publication) in which you state that Jesse Marcel, Jr. was emailed photo enlargements of the debris and Jesse stated to you that maybe some of the material in those photo enlargements, may be some of the REAL debris. Researcher, Michael Lindemann (CNI News Vol.4, No.9, Part1 July1, 1998) contacted Jesse Marcel Jr., and in a written statement Marcel apparently told Lindemann that I do NOT see any recognizable symbols in that photo. The only thing I can identify is metalized paper with what looks like wood type sticks and that is NOT what I saw in Roswell in 1947. Did you misquote Jesse Marcel Jr.?


JBJ: I do not recall quoting Dr. Jess Marcel, Jr., whom I had met and visited with at the screening of the movie "Roswell", in which we both were portrayed. He has worked closely with the RPIT team during its three years of research on the Ramey office photos. I have been careful to not put him on the spot as to his memory since we certainly agree that it is difficult to recall most details of our brief involvement in the Roswell Incident. Jess always has been very candid and cooperative but like myself is very careful what he says for publication. Several times he will remember something that his dad said to him about the Roswell Incident and send me an email to pass this information along.


It is my recollection that at the time Jess is supposed to have made the statements quoted by Lindemann he had not had an opportunity to study any of the photos to any degree. He did tell me later that he was ordering copies of the shots of his dad from UTA but I never have asked him subsequently for his opinions as to what is shown there. In any event, time and further research has obsoleted any statements he may have made very early in the life of RPIT.


DGB: In the photo enlargement reference in the previous question, were those enlargements digitized on a copy machine at a Staples Office supply store as has been alleged by certain researchers?


JBJ: Yes, when I first met with Ron Regehr, an official of the MUFON Orange County, prior to organizing RPIT I showed him one of the Ramey office photos and he had certain portions of it enlarged on a state of the art photo copy machine at Staples. This was our initial attempt to take a close and digitally enlarged look at the glyphs displayed in the photos. Ron has been very active with RPIT since its founding in the summer of 1998.


DGB: Finally, another researcher seems to remember a statement you made that the paper in General Ramey's hand was a press release that you handed to General Ramey. Can you verify that as a true statement you would have made in a previous interview? If yes, please explain.


JBJ: Yes, that was an early speculation of mine that I might have handed Ramey the copy of the AP "flash" my editor had given me regarding the Roswell crash craft being flown to Fort Worth. Obviously I was in error in that speculation.


DGB: Bond, I apologize for the number of questions I have asked, but as with most witness reports pertaining to Roswell, it's critical that all possible information be obtained, verified and documented. Credibility of witnesses is a key part of that research. You did in fact take several photographs in General Ramey's office on July 8, 1947; however over the years several major questions and doubts have been raised by some, about several of your comments and statements and I'm simply trying to filter through that for historical value. Memory loss is a real fact of life, and we should never embellish or change factual information, or pretend that we have information we don't really have.


JBJ: I have had no reason to ever try to embellish the truth in regard to my small slice of the Roswell Story. I have written nothing for sale and have nothing to gain by how the Roswell Incident finally plays out. Roswell has not been a big part of my life and I have focused my energies elsewhere, as is outlined above. I have not had perfect or complete memory re Roswell. I have attempted to correct the record as memory refreshment and uncovered facts have changed the picture. I am grateful that none of our major memories have been shown to be too distorted after more than a half century has elapsed!


DGB: It was a pleasure meeting you a few weeks ago and hopefully this interview will help others interested in the 1947 Roswell Incident.


JBJ: Yes, we enjoyed meeting you also and appreciate all your efforts to make arrangements for our first visit to Roswell and to show us around. I have enjoyed telling my friends that Roswell is very likely the ONLY town in the country where my arrival would make the front page of the local paper!



News Photographer, James Bond Johnson

Jesse Marcel

Now familiar photos taken by James Bond Johnson in 1947

Gen. Ramey and Col. DuBose

James Bond Johnson and Dennis

Keep up to date with Dennis Balthaser's editorials for the latest in his research and hard-hitting commentary. 03/01/18 The Pentagon and UFO Investigations


>>More Editorials

Roswell UFO Tour Itinerary & Tour Reviews


Visit key locations of the 1947 Roswell UFO Incident with nationally known researcher, Dennis Balthaser.  >>Learn More

Area 51, Underground Bases, the Great Pyramid at Giza, the Roswell Incident,  FOIA requests,  student reports on UFOs-- all in Dennis' research pages.

>>Learn More

Email Dennis: truthseeker@dfn.com


Dennis  Balthaser's research is available on DVDs (PDF)


Copyright © 2016, Dennis Balthaser All Rights Reserved